1. Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) rescue therapy is effective and safe for chronic hepatitis B patients with prior multiple nucleos(t)ide analogues treatment failure. 2. Hepatitis B virus DNA level at the time of switch to TDF is the most important factor for determining virologic response. 3. Further research is necessary to investigate optimal TDF therapy regimens according to the genotypic resistance profiles.
1. Coronary microvascular function was better in patients receiving an endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) capturing stent than in patients receiving drug-eluting stents (DESs) at 6 months after percutaneous coronary intervention. However, both late loss of lumen diameter and target-vessel revascularization were unfavorable in the EPC stent group compared to the DES group. 2. The complete re-endothelialization achieved with the EPC stent confers beneficial effects, especially in patients with microvascular dysfunction.
1. Routine follow-up coronary angiography (CAG) did not affect long-term clinical outcome after second- or third-generation drug-eluting stent implantation in clinically stable patients. 2. Routine follow-up CAG may cause a revascularizations in clinically stable patients who otherwise would not had undergone CAG, via a phenomenon known as the “oculostenotic reflex.”
1. Physicians should include pleuropulmonary paragonimiasis in their list of differential diagnoses for pleural effusion, especially for patients who live in or have travelled to areas in which pulmonary paragonimiasis is endemic. 2. In patients with unexplained pleural effusion, pleural fluid should be obtained by thoracentesis. When the results of pleural f luid testing reveal marked eosinophilia, a high lactate dehydrogenase level, and a low glucose level, physicians should consider a diagnosis of pleuropulmonary paragonimiasis.
1. An ozone-induced exacerbation model in smoking-induced emphysema can be used in research related to acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. 2. TBC1 domain family 5 may be a potential biomarker of ozone-induced lung injury in emphysema.
1. Diabetic cystopathy (DC) is a frequent complication of diabetes mellitus. 2. There was a negative association between estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and post-voiding residual (PVR) and a lower eGFR was a significant risk factor for a PVR urine volume > 50 mL. 3. Patients with diabetic nephropathy should have PVR measured to screen for DC, even if the patients do not complain of any voiding problems.
1. In the majority of patients with significant cancer pain, low-dose transdermal fentanyl patch was effective first line medication accompanied by only mild adverse events. 2. Pain relief (numeric rating scale ≤ 3/10) was achieved approximately in a week.